An Indonesian national of Indian descent, Anand Krishna is acclaimed as a “phenomenon” by both critics and supporters. His critics wonder, “What makes him popular? There is nothing extraordinary about him.” His supporters appreciate his passion for promoting peace among different sections of society, and acclaim: “He comes from The Source of All Wisdom.”
The radicals and extremists in Indonesia consider him more dangerous than Salman Rudhdie, whereas the peace-loving majority of Indonesians consider him the Deepak Chopra of Indonesia.
Born in Solo, Central Java, on the 1st of September 1956, Anand had his early education in Lucknow, North India, where he met his first spiritual mentor, Sheikh Baba. The saint was a simple ice vendor unknown beyond the area he lived in, but he played a major role in the “making” of Anand Krishna who was already familiar with Sufi poetry and teachings of Shah Abdul Latief of Sindh, through his father, Tolaram.
Working while studying, Anand Krishna earned his Master’s degree from a reputable university and was at the top of his career as Director and Shareholder of a Garment Factory in Indonesia, when he fell ill. Medical diagnosis showed acute Leukemia. Thus, in 1991, at age 35, Anand faced certain death.
After months of suffering, a mysterious meeting with a Tibetan Lama in the Himalayas, and a miraculous recovery from his illness, Anand decided to devote his life to sharing his joy, peace, love and healing.
What people said about Anand Krishna [ Click Here ]
- 140+ Books with over 1 Million Copies Sold Nationally and Internationally (1997-2010)
- The Trendsetter in the Self-Empowerment/Meditation Techniques in Indonesia
- Ordained as Reverend Minister by the Universal Life Church (1997)
- Honored with Cultural Doctorate in Sacred Philosophy by the World University, USA (1999)
- Ambassador: Parliament of the World’s Religions (2009 )
- Ambassador For Peace: The Universal Peace Federation (2010)
- Ordinance as Metaphysical Minister by the International Metaphysical Ministry (Jan 2011)
- Ph.D. in Comparative Religions, University of Sedona, USA
- Certified Hypnotist and Advanced Hypnotherapist by The American Alliance of Hypnotists, and The Indonesian Board of Hypnotherapy
- Certified Instructor of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy by The Indonesian Board of Hypnotherapy (IBH)
- Recipient of Several Other Awards/Certificates of Appreciation and Merit
- Appeared on All Major National/Regional Print, Online, and Electronic Media
- Columnist/Regular Contributor to Several Periodicals/Newspapers